Friday 13 January 2012

i love *

"I love y**."

NO YOU DO NOT.

Lets refer to those 3 words as the term. 

These days people just throw it, bounce it and swing it around like it's okay. Dude it's not okay. The term has completely lost its meaning, and honestly when someone says it to me, I shudder. Half the time I have no idea who means it or who doesn't.  I have people (as I'm sure you do) who I have known for a month telling me that they love me. I mean come on.. give me a break. Chillout we barely know each other.

I'm not trying to win the award for the greatest cynic that ever lived. But in my opinion, the term is the best and most meaningful thing you could ever say to a person, friend, girlfriend, husband, mother, grandfather or child. However in this day and age, it is so ridiculously overused that I can't even bring myself to say it anymore. People who HATE each other post it on each others facebook walls! Tell me this is not true, cringe cringe cringe.

Moral of the story, don't use the term unless you mean it.


No comments:

Post a Comment