Saturday 16 March 2013

I recommend: the video 'To This Day'

'To This Day' is simply incredible. Somehow it manages to tackle the topic of bullying whilst still maintaining the ability to encompass an exquisite level of creativity, sadness, vulnerability and hope. I watched it by chance, having had no idea what it was about. It shook my heart in places I didn't even know existed. I have great respect for the guy who wrote the beautiful poem (or in other words, the voiceover behind the video), Shane Koyczan.

It was difficult to choose, but I have to say that my favourite quote from 'To this Day' has to be this one:
'If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror. Look a little closer. Stare a little longer. Because there's something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit.' 





No comments:

Post a Comment