Sunday 6 May 2012

my top 5 kitchen disasters

This one is for the people who love to ask me, 'Hey Nadia, did you burn anything today?' Try not to be too amused.

I also decided that I wanted to post something light hearted because one of my last posts ('Respect thy friends') was deep..

Try not to be too horrified when you read the list down there. I have to let you know though, my cooking skills have improved this year! Here we go!
  1. Partially melting my frying stick.
  2. Igniting a strand of pasta.
  3. Burning the kitchen cabinet. I was much younger (13/14 years old?) and I had this history project due in. I was meant to write some old ancient letter, so I was burning the edges of my sheet of paper to make it look older. I toppled the candle and the flames licked the cupboard counter top, and someone had to throw water on it from the garden. A for effort though!
  4. Shattering my microwave plate into 10 pieces. I accidentally left the lasagna in there for too long. The next thing I knew, there was a BANG(E.G an explosion) and I lived without a microwave for half a year.
  5. Setting the chopping board on fire. I left the stove to do something for two seconds and came back to find the board engulfed in orange. I didn't realize that the flames would get so big!
And there you have it! I assure you I have learnt MANY LESSONS.

No comments:

Post a Comment