Tuesday 31 January 2012

ohhh sometimes i get a good feeling!

I am in such a good mood! No, a cute boy did not text me. No, I did not become an overnight celebrity.  I am in a good mood because things are happening, and life is getting clearer, and opportunities are blooming.

Today my friend Jane (Woo) said this to me, and I'm going to quote it word for word (ish) because I found it very inspiring.

'You don't often believe in yourself as much as you should. My dad is a firm believer (of the power of the mind), he says you need to imagine you're already successful.  In a nutshell, you have to keep control of your thoughts. It's not just wanting the right things, but believing you already have it all.'

In other words, have faith in yourself. If you want to make something happen, die trying. As Churchill once said, 'never,never, never give up.'

You know sometimes I spend my time getting worked up over the things that I've either lost or can't have. I guess it's a very natural (human) trait to desire more, but at the end of the day, always look at the bigger picture. Life is a trade off. You win some, you lose some. In my case, I am lucky to have the close friends who have stood by me through and through. The ones who have given me such support, who have contributed to this unbelievable excitement that I'm feeling right now. So thank you guys, all my freakin love to you for bringing me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment